The US Navy relieved the captain of the cruiser USS Cowpens back on Jan. 19. The captain is still awaiting orders for a new billet.
This captain's behaviour in command was horrible beyond belief:
1) The captain assaulted at least three subordinates (pushed one, grabbed another by the arm, and (gasp) threw a wadded up piece of paper at another.
2) Several crew members complained, anonomously, about the captain using profane language.
3) The captain presided over a race with a Navy destroyer in 2009.
4) The captain once ordered a subordinate, as a disciplinary measure, to stand in a corner in view of the standing watch.
5) The captain asked a subordinate to play a piano at a Christmas party, and asked other subordinates to walk the captain's dog.
Wow ... I had no idea such evil existed in our Navy. I cannot comprehend how a captain of a guided missile cruiser (a highly sought after position) can be such a heavy handed tirant. Surely the days of pirate captains ruling their commands with such brutality have passed?
(Can you smell the sarcasm dripping from my words yet ....)
BTW - the captain relieved is Holly Graf ... that's right, a female.
Our United States Navy leadership ... what a bunch of PC pansies .....